Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Book Talk.

The book talk in English class seemed pretty easy. At first i was scared that i wouldt remember the book or i would forget to say something important. So the night before the day of my Book Talk i re read little parts of all the chapters in the book and discovered how the main character Jo really is dynamic and how she changed throughout the novel. I really re-read everything so that i could get an idea for a visual aid or hook and re-reading the story did help. In class the next day no one was brave enough to present their book talks to Ms. Crabtree, except me. I was nervous but I wasn't going to back down because i had a lemon in my backpack and i didn't bring it for nothing! So as I was preparing for the book talk in class i realized that there really was nothing to worry about. Ms. Crabtree seemed to have a history with the book i read and as the Book Talk Presentation went on, it turned into a conversation that calmed my worries down. But when Miss had me identify a random passage from the book, i froze up..but i used my context clues;) and was able to tell what had happened before the passage had taken place. I was very proud of myself, I think my Book Talk was somewhat a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment